Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Re: Grief

Yesterday marked one year that I lost my best friend and mentor. He was 70. I wrote about him here: Grief!

...I experienced a state of grief again when on March 6, I got the news that my best friend - he was 70- died of a stroke. I tried to cry, but I couldn't. The tears however poured out of my eyes on March 31st when we did his memorial. Again, I realized that was the last! And I cried! 

Even though he's not here, he's still very much alive, and his legacy lives on. He certainly left a part of himself here before he departed. And for that, I'm grateful. I'm glad I met him. He was not only a best friend and mentor, he also made himself available in the role of a Father. I called him my second Dad.

There is much more to be said, but having said this, Live on Osborne Wright (1942 - 2012)

0 comments: