Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I can be perfect like JESUS too

Perfect? Are you really serious? I don't think any one is ever going to be perfect! I can never be perfect! These are few of the response you would hear when the subject of "perfection" comes up. My stand in this is that i can really be perfect.... even like Jesus....

Then how are you so sure of this? Do you really mean it? Of Course I do mean it.

The Bible which is the living word of God tells me that I can be perfect like Jesus*(GOD). It says in Matthew 5 verses 48 that "we therefore must be perfect, even as our Father in Heaven is". So, how complicated can that be. Its simple really. Well you may further argue that well, isn't Jesus the son of God and we are only but human? I can hear you thinking right now that we can only aspire and try our best, but really what's your best if you do not pray for the grace of God.

Many Christians understand the concept of being saved by grace, but fail to understand that we still need this grace to sustain us till the end of this race. Grace is manifested by God and faith is demonstrated by men. (Hebrews 11 vs 7) We are supposed to do our parts which is believing that we can be perfect like him.

Back to the main argument of Jesus as the son of God and we are only humans, many people do believe that we can not be perfect like Jesus himself but the bible tells me that. (Hebrews 4: 14-16) "14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most".

So are you still confused? Take a look at the book of Matthew Chapter 4 and read about his temptation, the devil knew he was in his human form (although he is the Son of God OR RATHER GOD HIMSELF), he had to come to the world putting on the appearance of the son of man. Matthew 4 verse One says that "he was hungry". Are you still not sure you could be perfect like him? Well read on.

Every thing that he did indicated that he was indeed like us (in the human form) but he was without blame/fault. He was doing the will of his father which is in Heaven. He was hungry and the devil knew that was the best time to come and tempt him, during the time of his weakness. Isn't that why the devil comes to us when we are weak? Do you see any relationship between Jesus and I. If the Devil himself knows this that we can be perfect like Jesus and we can be like him, then I think we as "true believers" should be way more surer than anybody else following the songs that says...

"Lord I want to be like Jesus in my Life,

Lord I want to be like Jesus in my Life,

In my Life, In my Life,

In my Life, In my Life,

Lord I want to be like Jesus in my Life."

If at this point you still are not sure that you can be totally like our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, then maybe, just maybe something is wrong along the line. Your relationship with Christ need to be strengthened. Above all, He understands what we are going through any moment in time because he also went through those things. There came a time in the life of our Savior also that he had to cry, now what can be more humane than that. He wept. A simple verse of the bible, in fact the shortest. "Luke 11:35 ,Jesus Wept". Emotional up and downs, just like we have experienced too, because we have been created in the likeness of God. Remember he also cried(for lack of what to say, it was more than tears, it was a struggle to follow the will of God or not, even He, JESUS) at the place called Gethsemane? He said "the spirit is indeed willing but the flesh is weak". Do you still have any doubts? If you do, go to the Lord in prayer and ask him for a conviction, for his saving grace. Amen. God Bless y'all. And we shall have grace to be perfect even as our father in heaven is.

2009 (C) Ayokunle Falomo

0 comments: