Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bauer MBA Global Experience 2012

Last year I posted about the MBA Bauer Global Experience where I did a poem (read all about the awesomeness of it HERE) and this year again, I was lucky enough to perform another poem, which I made a video of. (video after the post). Met a Chinese guy who was very much willing to record it while I was up there....

So quick, before you get to the video, a couple of interesting things I learned from other cultures, that's the main point of the event innit ( I swear down, I'm not British) , to learn about other cultures from different parts of the world....


What was cool was that last year, Nigeria didn't have a booth, but I noticed we did this year...Whoo Whoo. That was actually the first booth I visited, don't blame me lol. It's always cool when you meet your fellow people...always great I tell you.

JORDAN: This was one of the booth I visited last year, and the guy recognized me. "You asked me a lot of interesting questions", he said. I was able to have some candy/snacks this year, kind of skittle-ish which he said the people over there enjoy eating.

BELIZE: I was at this booth last year as well, and I was recognized (I love being recognized, lol), chatted for a while....I also mentioned this country in my poem.

Now, some pretty cool stuff  I learned...

COLOMBIA: Another country I mentioned in poem...which I up until today thought that the only thing they exported was coffee, however I was shocked to know that they are major exporters of flowers. He said that any flower seen on Valentines day, there is a greater chance it was from Colombia... pretty cool stuff. Didn't know they have about 75 other local dialects as well, aside Spanish the official language, and English ( Patois -like) in some parts...

TAIWAN: It's actually in the heart of Asia, and that means they get to be influenced a lot by other surrounding countries, although they're still pretty much independent. What I didn't know was that their political system was Democracy. The guy was like you can curse in public and nothing will happen...you get jailed for something not as bad as that in other places...cool. He also talked about this TV Series by puppets called Pili. They said they can do amazing things, evoke emotions, moves eyes, perform cool Hollywood action type stunts...remember, they're puppets...that's cool.

HONDURAS: This was one place I went also last year, I got the chance to drink a kind of drink called Rice Water, but she didn't have it this year....

I actually did learn that in Germany, they consider beer food, and Gummi bear (jelly-like candy) was actually made by a German...cool stuff I tell you!

I visited Sri Lanka as well, and it's a tiny country, just outside of India...no surprise their official sports is Cricket as well.


So, yeah I think I had fun... So, here goes the video like I promised. Boy was I nervous while doing the poem!

Enjoy :) I might update the post when I get pictures as well...






0 comments: