Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pseudo-Philosophies.

Sorry guys that I've been way back in posting on this place. One of the reasons is that most of the posts I have in draft form are somewhat provocative and I'm at a point in my life where I'm learning a lot, especially not talking as much as I do. I have a lot of opinions, and anyone that doesn't want to hear that is a fool (in my own foolish mind), but anyways, I'm realizing it's not every conversation that is worth starting. My ideas can very well stay in my head sometimes, lol.

But anyways back to the point of this post, which is really just a lame excuse to write something after having sorta like a dry spell but anyways I realized that I should be the first to be sentenced for this crime of pseudo-philosophy. I swear I think I'm Aristotle in the 20th century. Someone just needs to ask me what he's doing in the body of a 21 year old Nigerian ! I wonder too. Really though, I really think my thoughts are like ahead of its time. I think everything I say is golden, and should be treated as such...regardless of whether some of these things I've looked back on when I'm sober (from the grandiose wine that is) are dumb on a very high level, lol.  It is then I later realize I was drunk on the "being a philosopher wine"! You see it all the time on Facebook and twitter. Everybody trying to be deep. If you can't come up with deep stuff yourself, what do you do? You post deep things that others have said. That helps you gain popularity from people. They sure do respect you for it! And when you don't see the re-tweet button being abused or the "like" button screaming of being raped, because of your "deep" quotes, there usually is a temper tantrum, and I wouldn't say I haven't been guilty too. Think whatever you may, I still think I'm Aristotle.

There was even a time where I had a book (I still take a look at them from time to time) where I wrote quotes I came up with. Yeah, as if the people who had quotes were busy thinking about that. Weren't they just talking and being themselves? (Tell me that!) Well, I've been talking and being myself too, but ain't nobody quoting me darn it! Ahaha, yeah I told you, tempers do flare!

Anyways, I didn't really even know I was gonna write this much! What really prompted me to write this was the conversation I kinda listened to on my way back from school today. I was on the Metro Bus and these two dudes were talking.

#Real talk my man!
#That's dope. I like that!
#Man, that's deep!...

...And other variations of that was what permeated the whole conversation. Most of the time however, I was lost, but they both seemed to understand each other. And what were they talking about? How basically, the women of nowadays have kinda taken the position of males, and are the ones who are pimping now! They talked about how times have changed. They talked about how women don't really want decent dudes, but want men who will call them by their names, he said "trick", but I know he was just trying to be nice. You could definitely think in your head worse names than that! Anyways, they talked about girls and women and "game", and what-not for the rest of the journey, smashing their knuckles, laughing all the way. I was lost. But guess what? They considered their own ghetto philosophy to be deep, just like the rest of us :)

0 comments: